Tuesday, May 19, 2009



Welcome everybody to Floorstock's blog this blog is designed to give as much advice as possible about wooden floors, how to lay them, how to take care of them and how to sand them. We will not only look at wooden floors but that will be the main focuss. If you have anything to add to a post please feel free to do so. We welcome everybody to share their experiences with wooden floors, good or bad.
I have been involved with wooden floors and floor sanding in particular for over 15 years and I have come accross some funny stories in my time as most tradesmen do. I am hoping that this blog will become a good resource not only to the keen DIYer but also for those of you in the trade.
The one thing I have learned through my experience as a floor sander and I'm sure this is true for all tradesmen, it is the preparation that makes a good job. Starting with the right tools! Have you ever caught your girlfriend or the misses trying to bang a nail into the wall with a wooden spoon? Maybe it's just me, or my misses, worst still I have caught her trying to bang in a screw with a wooden spoon. Oh where do you start? Sorry ladies I know there must be some daft fellers out there too, but to date I have only witnessed my misses carrying out such an exercise in daftness.
So how do we get the right tools? Well if your looking to sand floors the thing you need to bare in mind is this, do you need to make sure that no dust gets into other areas. If you are sanding your living room floor you don't want dust all the way through the house. So your not only going to need a floor sanding machine you are going to need a hover that will stuck out 99% of all the dust too.
My advice is this, if you are only going to sand 1 room you may as well pay for a professional because by the time you have hired all the equipment you need and paid for the sanding discs, belts and lacquers a good floor sander wouldn't have charged you much more. Now if you are looking to sand 2+ rooms then this is the place you need to be as I will be giving a step by step guide to how to sand your floor. If you are looking for help click here.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment